Friday, August 28, 2026

When life gives you lemons...

 ... keep your head high and don't worry, this, too, shall pass. 

This is what I thought when seeing a picture prompt for a challenge. I went straight to my paint chip collection and selected yellow and pink. It was inspired by the first two pictures of that prompt. They go so well together and provide instant cheer. This was also the time to use the Main Squeeze dies (Altenew). I love that irregular circle!

 

As I don't own the stamps to match I proceeded to cut two circles, a large and a small, each one four times. Then I laid the smaller circles on top of each other and cut them in nine wedges. Why nine, you may ask. Well, it is a trick I learned from my mom. It is for cutting cake. When you have a full cake it is hard to serve out the first slice. So cut out a slice in the kitchen and have a taste, and arrange the next ones with some room around them and bring it out to your guests.

So I cut my smaller circle into nine wedges, because I wanted to use eight with some room between them.

Then I cut out lozenges of pink. I was thinking they would be the pieces of ice clinking around in lemonade, but looking at this they could also be happy pills or candy. The sentiment reads: Heads up!

(Sorry for the photo. There is a white reflection on my table that seems to cut into the card. It doesn't, the card is fully visible, but it does look peculiar.) 

 

Entering this in these lovely challenges:

Double D: #826 When life hands you lemons... 

 

Make My Monday: #285 Use yellow and white and another color

I Spy with my Little Eye: Sunflowers or something yellow

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Lots of layers

Classic Design Challenge: #08 Use a die cut/ AG 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing this cute lemon card with us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! What a fun lemon slice card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Double D Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design, and a really vibrant summery card. Thanks so much for sharing with this month’s “I Spy With My Little Eye” challenge.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your lemon slices! So yummy in a fresh cold drink! Thanks for playing along with us at The Double D, When Life Hands You Lemons Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I adore how you have used our colour challenge. the lemons are perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun card and I love pink and yellow together. Thanks for joining my theme at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete