In the beginning of the month I showed you my scrap pile. I since used it for several projects (here and here and some off camera). And today it was time to use it again.
There was enough left to select some green, blue and shimmery stripes and weave them together for a background. This was inspired by a color challenge.
I was inspired by some other challenges as well. One was for frames, so I was going to use two rectangular dies for that. The other was a challenge to use an old stamp.
I rummaged through my stamps and found a good oldie, a flower by Stampendous. I have had it for at least six years, but it is certainly older than that. It has one flaw: in one place the petals make a noticeable gap, so I either cover that up or double up this part. That's what I did today.
Then I die cut the background and its frame, stamped the sentiment and the flower and colored it in with my GT watercolors. I attached a white die cut sprig to give the card more dimension.
Entering this in the challenges that inspired me today:
Inspire. Create.Challenges: #223 Use up your craps
AAA Colourful: #31 Colourboard
Retro Rubber Challenge: #rrcb 279 AG with a stamp older than a year
All About Papercraft: #8 Frames
Paper Rock Scissors: #19 August challenge - paper+ scissors for cutting out the flower.


.jpeg)







No comments:
Post a Comment