I love big, really tall trees, they sort f take your breath away. Aided by a couple of challenges I set out to create a scene with just such trees.
I gathered my supplies: two stamps (Carabelle and Indigo Blue) and some GT watercolors. The top one is actually green, although it looks very black in the photo.
I started by using a piece of printer paper. This isn't ideal, as it is far too thin, but it had such a nice pale background of grey and orange hues. I had used it as a blotting paper under my projects. Too good to throw away, in my opinion.
I stamped the forest in brown Versafine ink and treated the stamping with clear embossing. Then I took the small stamp with a cityscape and stamped it at the bottom. I used only the buildings and made it look continuous.
Then I added splotches of green and orange for the leaves and some blue here and there to mimic the big sky. I love how the city is so small compared to the huge trees in the forest.
Entering this in these wonderful challenges that serves as my inspiration today:
We Love Stamping: Trees and leaves
Kreativ-Tanten: Wald / Forest
Just Us Girls: Mood Board week 841 - I was inspired by the look of trees and buildings
Creative Knockouts: #579 September 17 AG




Beautifully done with the hints of autumnal colours creeping through the trees, many thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping, perfect for our theme.
ReplyDeleteB x
Very beautiful Alice, love just the wee hints of colour popping through.
ReplyDeleteThank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts!
Good luck!
Such a beautiful card! Love this stamp
ReplyDeleteWow, richtig toll!!! Danke fürs mitmachen bei unserer Kreativtanten Challenge. Herzlichst Kirsten💜
ReplyDeleteLove this! That background and the trees, just a great effect. Thanks for sharing at JUGS
ReplyDeleteAlice... fabulous card! I love Indigo Blu stamps...they just scream "challenge me". Love how you put them to task. Wonderful background and the perfect sentiment. Thanks for sharing with Just Us Girls.
ReplyDeleteLove that tree stamp and wow what a lovely realistic background and the city scene finishes your card perfectly Alice. Thanks for adding to our JUGS Gallery
ReplyDeleteBeautiful scene, great way to combine the 2 different stamps and it works so well. Also showing that we can create art no matter what supplies are to hand, thin printer paper included. Thank you for joining our leaves and tree theme at We Love Stamping this month
ReplyDeleteDie Kreativtanten bedanken sich fürs Zeigen deine wunderschöne Karte bei der laufenden Challenge! Liebe Grüße
ReplyDeleteELFi *DT
Congratulations on your win at JUGS, Alice! I'm so glad for you and that I've had the opportunity to see this gorgeous card here at your blog!
ReplyDelete=] Michele
Beautiful card! I alwaxs strugegeling with this kind of stamps... most times I do not like the outcome. But your card is amazing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Kreativ-Tanten and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.
Crafty greetings
Alex
*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
Alex' Kreative Seite