I am a friend of recycling items in the craft room. Especially tags. I have a collection of beautiful tags in my craft drawer. Some are just too pretty which is why I haven't used them yet. But today was apparently the day...
I was intrigued by a couple of challenges and wanted to fit them together. How does circles, colorful, recycle and adding a charm sound to you? To me it sounded like just the ticket, as I always have so much leftovers. Either from projects that I made too much fodder for, or items that didn't fit a certain project and were discarded, or the cut-offs from die cuts.
I started by covering the tag with gelli print strips (cut for a project in 2024). I then stamped circles onto the background (stamp by Rubberdance, last used in the previous decennium) and spent an inordinate amount of time trying to fit the pink circle cut-outs onto it until I resorted to a die-cut of a round balloon (the balloony bit is hiding under the vase). The flowers in the vase is a die by Nellie's Choice. I had cut it ages ago from a neon colored post-it and darkened some areas with ink. Today it found its place.
Lastly came a pretty brad as my charm, and the little but important word 'enjoy' as this is going to accompany a tasty gift.
Entering this in these inspiring challenges:
Tag-along and ATC's: Circles
Die-cut Divas: Recycle, re-use & repurpose - I used a clothing tag as my base
GRC: #56 alles mag of gebruik een bedel - ik heb een bedel gebruikt
Crafters' Cafe: AG/ optional Lots and lots of colors - I am playing with the Option
The Neglected Stuff: September - all the used items have been neglected for years



No comments:
Post a Comment