I am a friend of recycling items in the craft room. Especially tags. I have a collection of beautiful tags in my craft drawer. Some are just too pretty which is why I haven't used them yet. But today was apparently the day...
I was intrigued by a couple of challenges and wanted to fit them together. How does circles, colorful, recycle and adding a charm sound to you? To me it sounded like just the ticket, as I always have so much leftovers. Either from projects that I made too much fodder for, or items that didn't fit a certain project and were discarded, or the cut-offs from die cuts.
I started by covering the tag with gelli print strips (cut for a project in 2024). I then stamped circles onto the background (stamp by Rubberdance, last used in the previous decennium) and spent an inordinate amount of time trying to fit the pink circle cut-outs onto it until I resorted to a die-cut of a round balloon (the balloony bit is hiding under the vase). The flowers in the vase is a die by Nellie's Choice. I had cut it ages ago from a neon colored post-it and darkened some areas with ink. Today it found its place.
Lastly came a pretty brad as my charm, and the little but important word 'enjoy' as this is going to accompany a tasty gift.
Entering this in these inspiring challenges:
Tag-along and ATC's: Circles
Die-cut Divas: Recycle, re-use & repurpose - I used a clothing tag as my base
GRC: #56 alles mag of gebruik een bedel - ik heb een bedel gebruikt
Crafters' Cafe: AG/ optional Lots and lots of colors - I am playing with the Option
The Neglected Stuff: September - all the used items have been neglected for years



Love how you put together all those snippets into an awesome tag! Love the gelli prints especially-Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!
ReplyDeleteThis altered tag looks fantastic!! Thanks for linking up to our September challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.
ReplyDeleteLove how you used the gel print pieces. I love that they were a triangle and not a strip. Thanks for joining our challenge at Die Cut Divas!
ReplyDeleteGreat use of your gelli offcuts. It all looks wonderful on your sweet tag. Thanks for sharing with us at Tag-along (and ATCs).
ReplyDeleteDelightful. Wonderful colors and fun tag. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.
ReplyDeleteI love your beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the GRC.
ReplyDeleteIlonka DT