Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Fly on!

 I was in the mood for making a word mess today. I have a lot of ancient stamps - and I mean between 10 to 18 years ancient. It was high time to show them some much needed love. 

 

"Of course" I was inspired by a couple of challenges, as always. 

I started by stamping the background with the handwritten text stamp up and down. Then I gessoed over everything, it was simply too busy-looking for my taste, and sprayed some DO over it and let it dry.

The result was nice and subdued, perfect for the bird carrying an envelope. I also added some rub-on flowers to create some interest. The sentiment reads "Thinking of you".

 

This card is playing along in these lovely challenges:

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Transport it 

Allsorts:  #858 Sympathy / Thinking of You / Get well 

The Neglected Stuff: September 2026  - This card was made of only neglected materials!

Aud Sentiments: #341 Tags and/or Thinking of You + sentiment 

 

5 comments:

  1. It's nice to return to old stash, we often see them in a whole new light. Your mixed media piece has so much to look at, so pleased you shared at Allsorts, thank you.

    Had a thought about the e.mail issue, I'll ask Gail to forward my details, that may work.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, a lovely design and always good to use old stash now and then. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the Sympathy/Thinking of You/Get Well option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again Alice, thanks for letting me know the details were passed on. Nothing in Spam either!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and creative!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Neglected Stuff!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    The Neglected Stuff Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really lovely design. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete