Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Glittery and frosty

A New Year's card - in September? That has to be a first! Normally I make them just before Christmas to cover up the fact that I have forgotten to send Christmas cards...

It all started quite innocently: some glittery card stock, an old die, markers and a new stamp of an Ice Queen.


 

The lilac-lavender card stock became the base. Then I cut the half snowflake twice out of the silver. The join was visible, so the sentiment had to go there. Then I stamped the Ice Queen, colored her in and fussy cut her out, then propped her on foam strips to give this card a background and a foreground.

Originally I had a Christmas card in mind, what with the snowflake and the included sentiments. But looking at it it really was too... cold, if you know what I mean. Christmas is mostly green these days and the cold spell really often starts with January.

So there, a New Years card it is.  

 

Playing along in these challenges:

Sunday Stamps: #ssc394 Get in Shape


 

G&TAOL: #35 De letter I van... Ice Queen

NBUS: #90 

We Love 2 Create: #8 AG

Polkadoodles: #9 week 2 AG 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment