Today's card features a piece of gelli print, some ink smooshing and ink flicking, watercolors and a fineliner, a die, a stamp, a remnant - and paper and scissors, of course.
It all started with two prompts: a photo collage of vases with lovely hues of blue (see below), and the prompt to use only one color next to black and white. My decision was instant: I would use that beautiful blue as my one color. I gathered my supplies:
I started by stamping a part of the gigantic forget-me-not. I then prepared an ink smooshing bath (Blueprint Sketch DO) and repeatedly took the middle part of the image to it, letting it dry in between. As the color was still not dark enough, I helped it out with GT watercolor (Ultramarin).
I then cut the vase out of a gelli print and used the rest to make a 'table top' for the vase to sit on. I fussy cut the flower and attached everything in place. I then flicked the background with black ink and drew a partial frame with a fineliner.
Entering this in these lovely challenges that inspired me today:
Double D: Vases and/or pitchers
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity: #213 Black and white plus another color
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Stamp It
Stamps+Fun=Creativity: #500 Jubiläum
Creative Artiste Mixed Media: #130 AG mixed media
Paer Rock Scissors: #20





No comments:
Post a Comment