Today's card was inspired by several challenges: colors, sketch and two word prompts.
To begin with I pulled out all my seaside / sailing / coastal stamps. They aren't many as I live in the inland and sailing - or seaside - is not what you know. I also pulled out some sheets of my gelli prints. I also thought I could do something with twine.
I started by selecting my stamps: three fish from one set, a sailing boat, and the weather rose from another set. One set had a stamp of expertly tied rope and that gave me an idea for the twine. It was too thick and short however, so I changed it to linen (which also goes well with the intended color scheme).
The included sentiment seemed apt. I selected a fitting gelli print for the sea and another, lighter one for the sky.
I am entering this in these lovely challenges:
TSOT: Challenge #701
The Paper Players: #PP798 color challenge
Dragonfly Dreams: Beach or Seaside
Cardz 4 Galz: #282 Blue skies





What a clever and delightful use of the sketch, Alice! Love your prints, image choices, a awesome knots. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at TSOT.
ReplyDeleteGreat job pulling all those elements together to create this wonderful card, Alice! That gelli print is fabulous for both the boat and the fish. Thanks so much for playing along this week with the Paper Players!
ReplyDeleteYour card is such a delight to look at and good for you to make it work for more than one challenge. I like your design and the rope you created is great. Thanks for sharing at cardz4galz, Johanna DT
ReplyDeleteWonderful scene, Alice! The layout is great, and I love the nautical elements. Thank you for playing along at TSOT.
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job of pulling all your bits and pieces together to make this lovely seaside scene Alice - love your gelli prints! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!
ReplyDeleteAlice, what a fantastic ocean scene. I love how you pulled all your bit and pieces together. The gelli prints are perfect.SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!
ReplyDeleteVery cleverly made card with the fun background and love the added knotted twine. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!
ReplyDeleteVery creative card for both of the challenges. thanks for sharing this over at TSOT.
ReplyDelete