Friday, September 4, 2026

Balloons for birthday

 Today I wanted to tackle my stash of designer papers. I tend to buy them and then hoard them, just because they seem too pretty to use.

I rounded up a couple of challenges that play together wonderfully. These were my initial supplies. Afterwards I grabbed some markers.

 

I started by piecing the background. I then took it to my sewing machine and stitched two rows of zig-zag stitches. Then I cut the circles, one large and three small ones.

I have been looking for a pretty balloon die for ages, with no luck, so I resorted to cutting the shape with scissors.

 

I then stamped the girl, colored her in and fussy cut her out. Lastly came the assembly. The sentiment says: "Happy birthday".

 

Entering this in these challenges that I was inspired by today:

Paper Players: #PP801 Tic-Tac-Toe - My row is top across: patterned papers- things that fly - layers

 

Try a Sketch on Tuesday: #TSOT 703

 

Double Trouble: #224 

AAA Birthday: #89 Use patterned paper

 

Sweet Stamping: Use a die cut 

6 comments:

  1. Oh she's adorable! Loving your mix of patterned papers too. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great assortment of patterned papers for our 3-2-1 Recipe and great interpretation of our sketch... fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at DTC and TSOT. You might want to check out another challenge that fits right in with patterned papers and scissors at Paper Rocks Scissors https://paper-rocks-scissors.blogspot.com/2026/03/march-14-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of happy patterned paper and colors, Alice! Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great use of patterned paper here and the overall design is good. The balloons are perfect with the girl image. Thanks for sharing at Double Trouble. Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice, what a creative interpretation of our Double Trouble 3-2-1 and Try A Sketch On Tuesday sketch! Lots of pattern paper, 3 non-neutral colors, and the image of your girl flying her balloons. Your card kind of reminds me of a mixed media theme, yet you let the patterns carry it off, rather than lots of media. So clever!! Thank you for sharing your card with both Double Trouble and Try A Sketch On Tuesday. -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice with the patterned papers. Love the girl with the colorful dress and how you created the balloons. Thanks for joining us at Try A Sketch On Tuesday.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete