Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Glittery and frosty

A New Year's card - in September? That has to be a first! Normally I make them just before Christmas to cover up the fact that I have forgotten to send Christmas cards...

It all started quite innocently: some glittery card stock, an old die, markers and a new stamp of an Ice Queen.


 

The lilac-lavender card stock became the base. Then I cut the half snowflake twice out of the silver. The join was visible, so the sentiment had to go there. Then I stamped the Ice Queen, colored her in and fussy cut her out, then propped her on foam strips to give this card a background and a foreground.

Originally I had a Christmas card in mind, what with the snowflake and the included sentiments. But looking at it it really was too... cold, if you know what I mean. Christmas is mostly green these days and the cold spell really often starts with January.

So there, a New Years card it is.  

 

Playing along in these challenges:

Sunday Stamps: #ssc394 Get in Shape


 

G&TAOL: #35 De letter I van... Ice Queen

NBUS: #90 

We Love 2 Create: #8 AG

Polkadoodles: #9 week 2 AG 

 

5 comments:

  1. Me again Alice, the addy on the CCC contact form is correct, but very strange I tried to mail you the details using your addy on the form and it didn't work either. When I click the link on my three challenge blog sidebars it brings up my addy OK.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you colored the ice queen! Such a fun stamp. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing over at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! A snaky snow queen...fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with our “Get In Shape” sketch challenge over at Sunday stamps!! You rocked our sketch with your snow queen.
    Deb Horst, DT #SSC394

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a stunning card! Thanks for playing along with us at Girlz & The Art of Letters
    Oh wauw, wat een prachtige kaart! Leuk dat je meedoet bij Girlz & The Art of Letters

    Creative Hugs & Happy Crafting!

    Claudia 🦋
    Claudia's Kaartjes
    Girlz Creative Christmas 
    Girlz makes Guyz Cards
    Girlz creative crafts
    Creative sketchy girls
    Girlz Rebel Challenge
    Girlz Creative Fun Art of Scrap
    Girlz & The Art of Letters
    Girlz Creative: Splash it with color!
    Creative Color girlz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing it atPolkadoodles challenge . Good luck with your entry.

    Crafty Hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete