Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Sweet greetings to a card friend

A little elephant (by Sheepsky design) was calling my name this time. To go with it I selected a round die, colored paper, a piece of cake doily and some markers. 

 

I started by selecting a background for the elephant. This was to become a rather tonal affair. I then die cut the lacey circle and place a length of cake doily behind it. I then colored the elephant and the flowers s/he's holding and fussy cut it out. There is no sentiment, but a message inside.

This card has (hopefully) reached Gail, who was my link in the most recent Card Chain Challenge. I'm linking the full line-up here so you can take a look at other beautiful cards that have flown off to their recipients. 

Won't you join us this month? The sign-up is open till September 6th.

As you can see, I used a card that I had tried to emboss directly, but with not-so-great results. The embossing is visible on top, but not on the bottom.

 

Entering my card in these most appropriate challenges:

Allsorts Challenge: #857 All creatures great and small

Digi Choosday: #9 week 2: AG

Critter Crazy: #114 AG w/ a featured critter

We Love 2 Create: #8 AG 

 

9 comments:

  1. Such a sweet elephant and great card design. I'm sure Gail will love it! Happy you also shared at Allsorts challenge, perfect for our theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little elie, Alice, holding the bouquet in it's trunk - lovely shaded coloring on her. So pretty with the piece of doily and die cut circle! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet elephant with his floral offering, love the pretty framing with the die cut circle and the finishing touch of the doily edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling elephant with bouquet, Alice - that Sheepsky image is a fave of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a fantastic card Alice!
    It DID get to me in time!
    Thank you so much!
    And Thank You for joining us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun and perfect my our Allsorts theme, many thanks for joining us again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your elephant is really cute and I am glad you didn't give up on the embossing as it is a good look just being on the top xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful elephant image! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge and using our theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embossing adds some nice texture to the other elements. So glad you shared your baby elephant with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete