Saturday, August 29, 2026

Going scrappy

In the beginning of the month I showed you my scrap pile. I since used it for several projects (here and here and some off camera). And today it was time to use it again.

 

There was enough left to select some green, blue and shimmery stripes and weave them together for a background. The color selection was inspired by a color challenge.

 

I was inspired by some other challenges as well. One was for frames, so I was going to use two rectangular dies for that. The other was a challenge to use an old stamp. 

I rummaged through my stamps and found a good oldie, a flower by Stampendous. I have had it for at least six years, but it is certainly older than that. It has one flaw: in one place the petals make a noticeable gap, so I either cover that up or double up this part. That's what I did today. 


 

Then I die cut the background and its frame, stamped the sentiment and the flower and colored it in with my GT watercolors. I attached a white die cut sprig to give the card more dimension.

 

Entering this in the challenges that inspired me today:

Inspire. Create.Challenges: #223 Use up your scraps 

 

AAA Colourful: #31 Colourboard

Retro Rubber Challenge: #rrcb 279 AG with a stamp older than a year 

 

All About Papercraft: #8 Frames

 Paper Rock Scissors: #19 August challenge - paper+ scissors for cutting out the flower.

 

9 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love how the colours pop on the flower and the background weaving is awesome. Thanks for playing at AAA Colourful, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe & keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower is so fantastic—it’s amazing—it really catches the eye right away. And then there’s the beautifully woven background with the bold frame… it’s a dream. Thank you for sharing it with us in the Frame Challenge. Sandra from the All About Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! So creative!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PAPER ROCKS SCISSORS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love. A great way to use scraps. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Inspire Create Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your woven background! It works perfectly with the frame to highlight that gorgeous flower. Thanks so much for joining us at All About Papercraft challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great way to use up scraps, Alice. That woven background provided wonderful interest and you large flower is a perfect complement to it all. Thanks for joining in the All About Papercraft - All About Frames Challenge. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I have a stash of practice mixed media scraps that this would work wonderfully. Love the water colored flower. All so pretty! Thanks for joining us at RR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever card using all those strips and your flower is so pretty too. Thank you for joining us at All About Papercraft xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that flower! Thanks for joining us at AAA Colourful!

    ReplyDelete